Once more from across the pond. Last night’s Monday Night Raw was taped from London, England and as is becoming more and more often the case, SmackDown Live is being taped from the same location. That means we’ll have quite the idea of what’s going on, even though a lot of the matches and segments were already announced in advance. This week’s show should be focused around Money in the Bank, but there’s something else that’s going to get a lot of attention as well.
Here’s what you might expect.
WWE taped this week’s episode of SmackDown Live at the 02 Arena in London, England, meaning the show’s results are available before it airs tonight. This week’s show will focus on the build to the Money in the Bank pay per view, including two qualifying matches. The main event will feature WWE Champion AJ Styles facing Shinsuke Nakamura in a non-title match with the winner getting to choose the stipulation for their pay per view rematch. Here are the results, courtesy of Wrestlinginc.com:
* Daniel Bryan opens the show and is interviewed by Renee Young in the ring. They finally get the chants and pops to quiet down. Bryan talks about wanting to win the WWE Title but he’s interrupted by Big Cass. This leads to a brawl and Bryan takes out the knee of Cass. Bryan applies a submission and tightens it as officials and referees break it up. Fans chant “yes!” as Cass is helped to the back
* The New Day defeated The Bar. The New Day will now get to select a member to enter the men’s Money In the Bank Ladder Match
* Backstage promo with SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bludgeon Brothers inviting teams to come and play
* Backstage segment with Paige making Sonya Deville vs. Mandy Rose vs. Becky Lynch in a Money In the Bank qualifying match
* Backstage segment with Renee Young interviewing AJ Styles about tonight’s match against Shinsuke Nakamura
* Andrade “Cien” Almas with Zelina Vega defeated a local enhancement talent for his debut. Vega cut a promo after the match and warned the locker room
* SmackDown Women’s Champion Carmella comes out for her big Royal Mellabration and it’s a grand spectacle. She is interrupted by SmackDown General Manager Paige, who announces Asuka vs. Carmella at Money In the Bank
* Becky Lynch defeated Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville to qualify for MITB
* Samoa Joe vs. Big Cass and Lana vs. Billie Kay will take place next week as MITB qualifying matches
* Shinsuke Nakamura defeated WWE Champion AJ Styles in the non-title main event. Nakamura will now get to pick the stipulation for their title match at MITB. This was described as the best Styles vs. Nakamura match yet.
Opinion: We’re getting closer to what is now one of the biggest shows of the year and this show had a lot to do with getting us ready for it. That being said, I hope the main event is as good as advertised because the Styles vs. Nakamura feud has been starting to drag. At the same time though, they need to have something left for their big blowoff match and if the report is true, there’s a good chance that they won’t be able to live up to the standard they set tonight.
Which of these matches interests you the most? Who do you want to see qualify for the ladder matches? Let us know in the comments below.
Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 26 wrestling books. His latest book is the WWE Grab Bag.
Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for “GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES” to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!
Powered by WPeMatico